Muktinath Tour is one of the famous travel destinations in Nepal. The Muktinath temple is one of the holy places for both Hindus and Buddhists. It is situated in Mustang district at an elevation of 3,710 meters (12171.92ft). In this Muktinath Tour, you will visit a small pagoda-style temple of Lord God Vishnu, which Hindus and Buddhists worship.
The Pagoda style Muktinath Temple is a Pagoda style temple that symbolizes Hindus and Buddhists. Hindus have a belief that lord Vishnu got salvation from the curse of Brinda (wife of Jalandhar). Therefore, he is worshiped as Muktinath (Lit. the lord of salvation). One hundred eight sacred water spouts are flowing with icy cold water where devotees take a quick shower. Nearby is the sanctuary of Jwala Mai, or the Goddess of Fire, with the extraordinary underground blue fire. In front of the temple, there are two holy water ponds.
Without question, Muktinath is one of the entrances to one of the celebrated cultural journey spots of the Hindus. According to the Hindus, Muktinath is worth going by. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Unlike ordinary slopes, Muktinath range is a kind of dessert. So numerous national and international tourists adore visiting Muktinath.
- 1 Historical Belief
- 2 Best time to visit
- 3 Highlights of Muktinath Tour Package
- 4 Itinerary of Muktinath Tour Package
- 5 Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- 6 Day 2: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom & drive to Muktinath
- 7 Day 3: Drive from Jomsom to Muktinath and Beni
- 8 Day 4: Drive from Beni to Pokhara
- 9 Day 05: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- 10 Includes:
- 11 Excludes
- 12 Things to do in Muktinath visit
- 13 Muktinath Tour Package Price for Nepali & Indian Citizen
Taking a plunge in the pond is believed to rinse away sin. Monastery located in the north region of the temple is dedicated to Guru Rimpoche, also known as Padmasambhava. Fossils of the Jurassic park age are found in the Kali Gandaki River. This black stone symbolizes Lord Vishnu and is kept in the prayer room in the home.
Best time to visit
The climate of Nepal changes with its geology and elevation. It ranges from the tropical to the cold. The best time to visit Muktinath Temple is in Autumn, i.e., September, October, and November. This is the best season in Nepal. It is a moderate climate. The rainstorm washed away the contamination and dust, making the climate beautifully clear and dry with the fantastic views of superb snow-capped mountains. Muktinath tour becomes worthwhile and accessible during these months.
Highlights of Muktinath Tour Package
- Sacred spot for Hindus and Buddhist devotees
- Bath under 108 Mukti Dhara
- Irresistible view of Mountains like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, lovely villages around Muktinath
- Swaminarayan: Satguru of Sabij Yoga and Shaligrams are the main attraction
- Constantly burning holy flame from a rock located inside Dhola Mebar gomb is also the main attraction
- Visit Dhumba Lake and Jomsom View Tour
Itinerary of Muktinath Tour Package
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
The tour begins with breakfast at Kathmandu and then continues with the drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara 206 KM, which will take 6-7 hours. You can enjoy the beauty of scenery and nature along with the beautiful peaks of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. Spend the night at hotels in Pokhara.
Day 2: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom & drive to Muktinath
The tour continues with an early morning breakfast and a drive to Jomsom 168 km for 9-10 hours. On the way, you can view and enjoy the drive exploring the local culture and beautiful view of the river of Kali Gandaki and Beni. Overnight at Hotel in Jomsom
Day 3: Drive from Jomsom to Muktinath and Beni
Drive via Ranipauwa – Kagbeni and Muktinath. Once you reach the temple, you can do your spirituality activities like Muktinath temple Darshan.
Around the temple, there are 108 waterspouts (Dhara) named “Muktidhara,” where you can take a bath and wash away negative karma. The holy flame alongside a spring is the source of the religious importance of Muktinath. The main attraction for the pilgrimage is the River kali Gandaki, from where one can collect fossils of the Jurassic park age. Then drive back to Beni. Overnight at a hotel with authentic Nepali dishes.
Day 4: Drive from Beni to Pokhara
On this day, you will be having breakfast at the hotel and driving from Beni to Pokhara. In Pokhara, you can stop by Bindabasini Temple, Seti Gandaki River, David’s Fall, Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave, and Barahi Temple. Visit the International mountain museum. Night stay at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 05: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
This day starts with breakfast at the hotel and a drive back to Kathmandu along Marsyangdi and Trishuli Riverbank. These two streams are the most mainstream of Nepal and are celebrated for Rafting. You can free your own time and visit places like Pasupstinsth and so on. Overnight at Kathmandu.
- Pickup and drop and airfare
- All suppers (breakfast, lunch, and supper) amid the trek
- Kathmandu and Pokhara sightseeing by private car.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project entry permit
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs, including their compensation.
- Medical pack (conveyed by your trek pioneer)
- All government and local charges
- Beverage bills.
- Horse riding or motorbike riding at Jomsom/Muktinath.
- Entrance expenses during touring in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra expenses due to medical evacuation, mishaps, landslides, and strikes
- Nepalese visa charge
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Travel and the rescue insurance
- Personal costs (telephone calls, clothing, bar charges, battery revive, additional porter, bottle or bubbled water, shower, and so on.)
- Tips for guides, porters, and drivers
Things to do in Muktinath visit
- Mukti Dhara and Mukti Kund: Mukti Dhara is the 108 water heads situated in the backyard of Muktinath. Taking a bath under this dhara is considered to have a religious belief and also flushes away the bad deeds that you did in your lifetime. The chilled holy water of the Gandaki river flows continuously on Dhara.
- Food and culture: The typical thakali food served here is tastiest and rich in flavors and texture. This food belongs to the local people living in this region.
- Shaligram: It is said that fossils of the Jurassic park age are found in the Kaligandaki River. This black stone is a symbol of Lord Vishnu and is kept in the prayer room in the home.
- Jomsom View Tower: Jomsom View Tower is the main attraction for local and foreign tourists. It is situated at an altitude of 3,750 meters above sea level. Hence, it offers epic and breathtaking views of I Lomanthang, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak, and Muktinath Temple.
Muktinath Tour Package Price for Nepali & Indian Citizen
|Package||Price (Per Person)|
|4 days 3 Nights Muktinath Package by Jeep from Kathmandu||NRS 14500/-|
|5 days 4 Nights Muktinath Package by Jeep from Kathmandu||NRS 17500/-|
|4 days 3 Nights Muktinath Package by Bus from Kathmandu||NRS 10500/-|
|5 days 4 Nights Muktinath Package by Bus from Kathmandu||NRS 13500/-|