Mustang Tour Package Price and Itinerary, Mustang is one of the renowned travel destinations in Nepal. Everyone has a dream to travel to Mustang. It is a place where a person must visit it to please eyes, mind, and heart once in a lifetime. Mustang is one of the beautiful places located in the Kali Gandaki valley of the Himalayan region of Western Nepal. Jomsom is the district headquarter of Mustang. It is also known as “Land beyond the Himalayas.”
The world’s deepest glut that goes down three miles vertically between Dhaulagiri and Annapurna mountains runs through this area. One of the major highlights of the Mustang tour is the Muktinath temple. The Muktinath temple is one of the holy places for both Hindus and Buddhists. It is believed that by taking a sacred plunge within the lakes and showering under the 108 water tabs at Muktinath Temple, one can clean all the negative karma, bring salvation (Moksha), and satisfy wishes.
- 1 History of Mustang
- 2 Best Season for Mustang Tour
- 3 Highlights of the Mustang Tour Package
- 4 Itinerary of Mustang Tour Package
- 5 Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Tatopani
- 6 Day 02:Drive from Tatooani to Ghami village.
- 7 Day 3: Drive from Lo-manthang to Muktinath
- 8 Day 4:Drive from Muktinath to Tatopani
- 9 Day 5: Drive back to Pokhara and go sightseeing around Pokhara
- 10 Day 6: Drive to Kathmandu
- 11 Includes
- 12 Excludes
- 13 Things to do in Mustang tour
History of Mustang
About the history of Mustang, it was once an independent kingdom even though it is closely tied by language and culture to Tibet. The word Mustang is derived from the name –Lo Colt. During the time period between 1400 AD and 1600 AD, Lo Mustang ruled the Kali Gandaki exchange between India and Tibet because it was the borderland of Nilgiri west Tibet.
Within the 11th century, a declining Lo was constrained to pay demands on its waterway exchange to the kingdom of Jumla assist west. After 1975, when the growing Gorkha Armed force of Lord Prithivi Narayan Shah defeated Jumla, Lo exchanged its demands to Gorkha.
The Thakalis from the southern Mustang are considered to be real Thakali. The Thakalis fall among one of the wealthiest ethnic groups of Nepal. These individuals attribute their success to the restraining infrastructure of the exchange route of Kali Gandaki for a few centuries. You can go to Mustang by road, air, or trekking. There is also the facility of daily flight and bus.
Best Season for Mustang Tour
The best season to go to visit Upper Mustang Nepal is in the Summer. June to September is the best time to visit the Mustang to see the vegetation of the Himalayan arid plateau. From the second week of December, local individuals begin to take off from Lo Manthang to keep away from chilly winter. The temperature of Lo Manthang in winter falls underneath – 20 ° C. It is not a good time to trek in Mustang during the winter season.
If you would like to celebrate the Tiji festival in the upper Mustang with the local people, then the best time to visit Mustang is in May. The Tiji estival celebration date was fixed according to the Tibetan lunar calendar by monks. It is celebrated for three days. So, it is better to plan accordingly for the trek if you would love to experience this beautiful festival.
Highlights of the Mustang Tour Package
- Religious Muktinath temple tour: holy sight for Buddhist and Hindus
- Experience the Tiji Festival
- Encounter the desert in Nepal
- Visiting the Royal residence, monasteries, and tall whitewashed mud-brick walls
- Home to a beautiful number of 10,000 Human-made Caves.
- Opportunities to have a look at ancient paintings of Buddhists, manuscripts, and statues.
- Visit Jomsom town with an elegant view of the Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri ranges.
- Sightseeing of the snow-capped mountains.
Itinerary of Mustang Tour Package
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Tatopani
We start the journey from Kathmandu. We travel through Prithivi Highway and then cross the Narayani River to Tatopani. After reaching there, you will have dinner there and stay overnight.
Day 02:Drive from Tatooani to Ghami village.
The journey continues from Tatopani to Kag Beni via Beni, Tatopani, Kalo Pani, tupche, Marpha, Jomsom. Here you will see the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki river, the beautiful apple garden of Marpha. We will drive to Ghami town at first, going to Buddhist stupas and monasteries crossing by means of Kali Gandaki river and towns like Chella village, Samar village, Syangboche village, Bhina village Ghiling and then to Ghami.
Day 3: Drive from Lo-manthang to Muktinath
On this day, the tour continues with driving from Lo-manthang to Muktinath. Here you will be exploring the Muktinath temple and its sites.
Day 4:Drive from Muktinath to Tatopani
On this day, you will drive back to Tatopani from Muktinath. Here you can have a natural hot bath in the pond. It is believed to heal and remove negative karmas. On the point of health, it is also considered to be helpful in keeping the body healthy.
Day 5: Drive back to Pokhara and go sightseeing around Pokhara
This is the last day of the trip. Heer visitors can enjoy the hypnotizing views of the Machhapuchhre and Annapurna ranges. And after having breakfast, we will visit around and explore Phewa Lake, Gupteshwor Cave, David falls, and Shanti stupa.
Day 6: Drive to Kathmandu
This is the final day of the trip. After arriving in Kathmandu, our team will transfer you to Tribhuvan International Airport and wish you a safe journey back to your home.
- Private transportation fare
- Tour and Trekking guide.
- Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Tea house during the tour
- permit (Annapurna conservation area, Upper Mustang special permit, TIMS Card)
- First Aid kit and Medical Insurance
- All suppers (breakfast, lunch, and supper) amid the trek
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs, including their compensation.
- All government and local charges
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Travel and the rescue insurance
- Personal costs (telephone calls, clothing, bar charges, battery revive, additional porter, bottle or bubbled water, shower.
- Tips for guides, porters, and drivers
- Emergency evacuation cost
Rates for package
5 night 6 days by bus-Rs 17500/-per person (for minimum 20-25 person)
5 night 6 days by jeep-Rs 22500/-per person( for minimum 7-8 person)
Things to do in Mustang tour
Some exciting stuff you can do on the Mustang tour is given below:
- Visit Muktinath temple: Muktinath is one of the highest-located temples in the world. Here you can take a bath under 108 Mukti Dhara, considered religious. “Laxmi Kunda” is a holy pond near the temple. Taking a spree inside this pond is believed to sweep away your sin and evil deeds.
- Experiencing Thakali culture and food: You can taste the original and authentic typical thakali khana set in this place. The local food belongs to the community who lived here for centuries.
- Amazing views of the mountains and scenery: The fantastic and worth-seeing views are essential that you must not miss on this trip.
[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csaQc_qpn8U” width=”1080″ height=”500″ title=”Mustang Tour Official Video”]
[…] Mustang Tour […]