Everest Trekking in Nepal is the most famous trekking destination in the world and journey of a lifetime, for those whose dreams soar higher than even the clouds. Our 16 Days Everest Base Camp Trekking treads the same trail that Hillary and Sherpa walked while conquering the Everest back in 1953. With eight of the world’s ten highest peaks, Nepal is loaded with spectacular mountains vistas.
The trek to Mount Everest Base Camp is on most hikers’ bucket lists, and the Khumbu region of Nepal—known for its spectacular mountain peaks and friendly indigenous people—is one of the most popular places to do so. Here’s what you need to know about getting to this trekkers’ pilgrimage site.
We trek along a high traversing path where we have our first good views of Everest and then head towards Tangboche Monastery, which is a 2-hour climb. The monastery sits at 3867m in a clearing surrounded by dwarf firs and rhododendrons. Everest Base Camp Trekking The monastery is structurally located on a ridge top with commanding views of the Everest landscape.
The view from this spot, seen to best advantage in the morning, is absolutely mesmerizing and stunning and is rightly deemed to be one of the most magnificent in the world during the Everest Base Camp Trek, We then descend to the Imja Khola and continue to the villages of Pangboche and Pheriche before finally approaching the Khumbu Glacier.
We then follow the glacier, first to Lobuche, a vantage point for some spectacular views of the Ama Dablam and other peaks and then hike to Gorak Shep for a breather. We have the opportunity in this Everest base camp trekking to hike Kala Pattar [5554m] from where we can get some awesome views of the Himalayan giants which literally frozen your senses with breathless admiration that beholds the eye and makes up for the lung-bursting climb that took you up there.
You soon realize it was absolutely worth it. This also includes fantastic views of the southwest face of the colossal Mt. Everest. We then trek down to Everest Base Camp at the foot of the Khumbu icefall before finally finish our trip back down to Lukla.
Everest Trekking in Nepal Cost Included
- Pick up & drop off at arrival and departure to/from Kathmandu Airport.
- Welcome dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurants with traditional dance.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- An experienced, government-licensed treking Guide.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Four season sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag( bag pack) and walking stick to use for trekking, if necessary.
- Trekking Entry permit
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner during trek
- Tea House Accommodation during the trek
- Twin sharing comfortable and private room in trekking
- Flight for you and guide to Kathmandu-Lukla- Kathmandu
- Road transportation
- Emergency rescue arrangement (Makes sure your insurance will cover it).
- First aid kit
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Farewell Dinner at one of the typical Nepalese restaurants with traditional dance.
- All Government and local taxes